host gator coupon
Inside this Blog's Posts and Pages
Life and Teachings of Gauthama Buddha
Life before Enlightenment
2. Birth of a Buddha...Around 623 BC, in India, the ......
When the date of birth for her baby came closer,
3. Baby Prince
King Suddhodana and all the other Shakyan ........Ascetic Asitha.
4. Young Prince
Prince Siddhattha and the Swan
Prince Siddhattha's uncle King Suppabuddha............
The young prince evern though he excelled ........
5. Seeing the four sights... old, sick, dead and the free mendicant monk.
7. Enlightenment - After seeing the gold bowl float upstream....
What helped Enlightenment
The Method that enlightened Ascetic Siddhattha - Breathing in- Breathing out - Ana-pana Sati -
Download and listen to it.
Part twoLife after Enlightenment
|Asala Full Moon Poya day|
11. General Facts about where the Buddha spent his rains retreats
.....Where the Buddha spent His rains retreats
Mettha the Unique Quality of the Buddha
Elephant Nalagiri - Mettha - Unique Quality of the Buddha
Taming the Elephant Nalagiri
Even so Sometimes it is necessary to make a little noise.
It is necessary to be firm, otherwise people will take advantage of your kindness.
This link will get you books (including a colouring book) for children as small as 2 or 3 years as well as good reading material for children up to 12 years.
- Anapana sathi Buddha's unique method
- Mettha Takes you to Rapidshare download site from where the Sutta English translation (powerpoint file) can be downloaded and saved.
- Metta Sutta (included) Chanting in English This link takes you to general chanting at the end of which is the Metta Sutta in English
- Dhammacakka Sutta listen
- Anattha Lakkhana Sutta Buddha's Second Discourse also to the Panch Waggiya Bhikkhus which brought the first Arhant into this world after the Buddha
Buddhist MonasteriesWestern Communities of Monks and nuns
Arrow River Forest Hermitage - Canada
Works of Art Round the World
Works of Art Depicting the Buddha- By Modern Sinhalese Artist, "Dhamma Eye"
For Meditation and ChantingGuided Meditation on Mettha by Ajahn Brahmali
Meditation on Mettha and chanting to welcome the New Year
Basic Method of Meditation - read
|King Devanam Piyatissa laying down his bow and arrow|